Webb E.S. fire is under investigation
As you likely know by now, Webb E.S. suffered a 2-alarm fire late Monday evening. The fire is under investigation, and early reports indicate that the building was not secure.
We have been pressuring the Department of General services over the past few months to increase the transparency of Webb’s property disposition. At this time, we do not know what the future of the building or the property will be; we have reached out to Councilmember McDuffie and will update you as new information becomes available.
Rather than attempt to paraphrase the coverage already out there, we will update the links below as we get them (please share any you’ve come across in the comments):
- DC Fire Department posted images and their experience with the blaze – DCFD
- Serious posts from Trinidad’s resident satirist – ToTville
- Webb Elementary School fire ignites in Northeast – ABC7
- Two-Alarm Fire Severely Damages Old D.C. School – NBC4
- Fire department investigates blaze at former D.C. elementary school – Washington Times
- More on Last Night’s Fire at Webb Elementary – Frozen Tropics
Posted on July 10, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged DCPS, DGS, property disposition, Webb E.S.. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment