Category Archives: ANC-5D
Advisory Neighborhood Commission
Single Member District 5D02
Community Meeting with Commissioner Keisha L Shropshire
Saturday, May 23, 2015, 1:00–3:00 p.m.
Trinidad Recreation Center
1310 Childress Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
- Welcome & Introductions
- PSA506 Public Safety Update & Community Concerns – DC Metropolitan Police Department
- Kovak’s Liquor License Renewal
Community constituents will share their perspectives regarding Kovak’s Liquor, current community challenges, and discuss strategies for improving the community. Please come prepared to share your ideas and recommendations.
RSVP to Commissioner Keisha L Shropshire at:
Facebook: Commissioner Keisha L Shropshire
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA GOVERNMENT
ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION (ANC) 5D
NOTICE OF SPECIAL PUBLIC MEETING
FIFTH DISTRICT POLICE HEADQUARTERS, 1805 BLADENSBURG RD, NE
FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2015 – 7:00 PM
Per DC Code § 1–309.11.3.c and ANC 5D Bylaws § V.4, Commissioners Blacknell, Buggs, Lee, Roberts and Shropshire have requested a Special Meeting of ANC 5D to address the below agenda items. Per the bylaws, only the below items may be discussed at this Special Meeting.
- Roll Call 7:00-7:05
- 5D Liquor License Protest(s) 7:05-7:25
- Approval of Minutes 7:25-7:50
- January 13, 2015 monthly meeting
- January 23, 2015 special meeting
- February 10, 2015 monthly meeting
- March 10, 2015 monthly meeting
- April 14, 2015 monthly meeting
- Approval of FY15 Q2 Financial Report 7:50-7:55
- Letter of Support for Level 2 Development’s (320 Florida Ave., NE) 7:55-8:00
Join Commissioner Tina Laskaris (ANC-5D06) for a Single Member District meeting on Monday, December 9, 2013, 6:30 pm at Joe Cole Rec Center.
Representatives from Higher Development Academy (HDA) will provide a presentation of their plans to establish a private school for adults at 1125 Neal St. NE, adjacent to Center City Charter School. Holy Name Catholic Church will lease the building to HDA.
The property was previously used as a child development center, and HDA is seeking a Special Exception from the Board of Zoning Adjustment to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy to use the building to work with adults rather than with children.
Join Commissioner Tina Laskaris (ANC-5D06) for a Single Member District meeting on Monday, November 18, 2013, 6:30 pm at Joe Cole Rec Center. The discussion will focus on the proposed Lock 7 development at the corner of Florida Ave. and Orren St. NE.
What: Advisory Neighborhood Commission 5B Monthly Meeting<
When: Tuesday, February 12, 7-8:30 pm
Where: MPD-5D headquarters, 1805 Bladensburg Road NE
1. Welcome and Call to Order – Chairperson
2. Reading and Approval of Minutes – Secretary
3. Treasurer’s Report – Treasurer
4. Administrative Matters/Resolutions – 5D Commissioners
5. Public Safety Report – Fifth District Representative
6. Hecht Company Development Presentation – Douglas Development Team
7. Citizen Concerns (open discussion)
We hope to know more about the new monthly schedule after next week’s meeting, announced by ANC-5D05, Kathy Henderson:
Please join us for the first public meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 5D on January 8, 2013, at the Fifth District (1805 Bladensburg Rd. NE). The meeting will convene at 7:00 p.m.
Peta-Gay Lewis, 5D01
Vonetta Dumas, 5D02
India A. Henderson, 5D03
Bernice Blacknell, 5D04
Kathy Henderson, 5D05
Tina Laskaris, 5D06
David Hooper, 5D07
We’ve updated the information on Trinidad’s current commissioners on the Community Profile page.