Community Resources

Check out Trinidad’s Community Profile for information on Elected Officials, Police, Transportation, and Trash Collection

Report a Crime

Call 911 or send a text to 50411 with location and nature of the crime — include “MPD 5D” or “5th District” in your message

Sign up for Alert DC — be alerted to emergencies, crime, traffic and/or school closings (you can customize your alerts)

City Services

311 is the City Service Request Center, available online on by calling 311 (24-hrs a day/7 days a week)

Almost all requests for city services can be made through 311 including pothole repair, streetlight replacement, bulk trash collection, and parking meter issues. See a full list at You’ll receive a tracking number in order to check the status of your request.

For Your Block

Speed Humps — how to petition to get speed humps installed on your block

Block Party Permit — what you need to do to close off a street for a block party

For Your Home

Permits for Home Improvement Projects — learn when you need a permit and how to get it

Free Smoke Alarm — installed by the fire department!

Free Home Fire Safety Inspection — make sure your home is free of fire hazards

For Animals

Low-cost Spay/Neuter Surgeries & Vaccinations — keep your pets healthy

Free Resources for Alley Cats — managing cat colonies with Trap-Neuter-Return plus information on cat deterrents

Living with Urban Wildlife — how to resolve conflicts with your wild neighbors

Rodent Control — 10 tips on rodent control from the Department of Health

For Green & Garden

Tree Box Garden Regulations — learn the restrictions for planting curbside gardens

Casey Trees Tree Rebate — get at $50 – 100 rebate for planting a shade tree in your yard

RiverSmart Homes — incentives for homeowners interested in reducing stormwater runoff from their properties


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 659 other followers

%d bloggers like this: