Trinidad Neighborhood Association is a community-based, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Washington, DC’s Trinidad neighborhood. Founded in 2009, TNA works to identify and address community concerns, and to promote opportunities for economic development by engaging community stakeholders.
What We Do
In order to improve the lives of all Trinidad neighbors, TNA hosts and sponsors discussions and activities aimed at:
· Building community;
· Promoting harmony among all cultural, racial, and economic groups;
· Maintaining cleaner streets, sidewalks, and alleys;
· Improving utilization of public and private properties within the neighborhood;
· Reducing neighborhood crime and increasing individuals’ sense of security; and
· Helping neighbors represent their interests in front of DC government agencies.
Board of Directors
The Trinidad Neighborhood Association is governed by a Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is elected among the membership. Any member in good standing may be nominated and, if elected, serve as a member of the Board of Directors for a term of one year.
Members of the Board of Directors are responsible for the general governance of TNA. Additionally, Board members serve an advisory function toward the aim of developing a long-range strategic plan as well as annual goals and targets for TNA. Some board members may serve as Officers. Officers of TNA are elected among the members Board of Directors.
Current TNA Board:
Dawn Boutelle – Treasurer
Cynthia Hartley – Vice Chair
Robert Mann-Thompson – Chair
Sejal Patel – Secretary
- Beautification Committee
- Laura Casperson, Committee Chair
- Friend of Trinidad Recreation Center Committee
- Bernadine Okoro, Committee Chair
Our bylaws were most recently revised and adopted on January 30, 2014.
If you live in, or are the owner of a business in the Trinidad Neighborhood:
The Trinidad Neighborhood Association hosts regular meetings and organizes community events. Contact us via email at TrinidadNeighborhood@gmail.com or by phone at 202-596-TNA1 (8621).